Thursday, May 17, 2012

Joyful Thursday!

Well today I'm attempting FreeMotionQuilting (FMQ) for the first time on my new granddaughter's quilt.  So far it looks pretty good.  I have 1/2 of it completed so will work on the 2nd half later this evening or tomorrow.  Doing mostly free form circles and lines.  Sure does use a lot of thread.  I'm using variegated thread with pinks, purples & yellows that match the fabric.   I want to finish this so I can take it to Maryland when I go on Monday (5/21).  (I'll post a picture once I'm finished with it.)


I can hardly wait to see my girls (my daughter, Kiri & new granddaughter, Cora) and Chris (Kiri's husband).  Will be a nice visit since I will have Cora all to myself for several days while Kiri is at work & Chris is on his business trip.  I love this little girl so much.  It was wonderful that I was there for her birth and so I think we have an even more special bond as a result.  Kiri & Chris are great about posting pictures & videos on a regular basis so I can see how she is growing.  Pretty red hair & blue eyed girl!  She really does look like both of her parents.  


We are having such wonderful weather here at Medina Lake (Lakehills, TX).  It is nice & cool in the mornings & late afternoons although we still have the warm (90's) temperatures the rest of the time.  We do need more rain because we continue to be in a drought here & need the lake to fill back up, but really love this weather more.  The lake is down so low that it is sad looking although it is beautiful in the places that still have water.   Maybe we won't have as hot a summer this year as we did last year.  It was tooooo hot all last summer that my garden died too early (in July) instead of producing until October like it did the previous year.  We need water!  


5:00pm so I better go finish up my sewing before time to figure out what is for dinner.  I'm thankful that I'm retired and not having to fight the traffic home now!  



No comments:

Post a Comment